First off, three things:
1: To any german speaking friends, relatives, etc.: If you don't understand anything, please tell me.
(An alle deutsch sprechenden Freunde, Familie, etc.: Falls du irgendwas nicht verstehst, bitte meld dich einfach bei mir!)
2: To my "Designer"-Friends:
If you don't like the Design, shut up. This is not about the Design. Thanks, love you.
and 3: Please ignore all the posts with the label "Journal". They are just for my Web Design Class. I mean, if you're interested in what I do in my Web Design Class, go ahead, but yeah... I don't think they're too interesting...
The blogs I meant for anyone else are labeled "Kansas 14/15", you can view only those if you klick at "Personal Posts" right below my picture.

Sonntag, 1. Februar 2015

Halftime


So. Last week, Saturday January 24th, was my halftime here. I had been here for 162 days, and had 162 more days to go.
Today, February 1st, I have 154 more days. Time is flying by!

Well, since my last blogpost I did a lot of stuff, like go back to school and get a new schedule.
My new one looks like this:

  1. Photo II
  2. French 2.0
  3. Pre-Calculus
  4. Anatomy and Physiology
  5. US Government
  6. English Language Arts 12
  7. US History

So really, not that much has changed, but still quite a bit. Photo II is a really cool subject, we shoot pictures on film, we develop them and print them ourselves in the darkroom, and I like it a lot! We get assignments to shoot almost every weekend, and so far I liked them all.
I don't really have any pictures scanned or in any digital form yet, but maybe some day I'll upload one or two.

And, while I'm talking about pictures:
I know that in my last blogpost I promised pictures of the family. So, voilà:































PS: the little young kid we're playing cards with, is not one of my hostsiblings, all the other's are! The blond one is Tori, the oldest one, which is at College and in who's room I'm living in now, Dalton is the guy (duh) and Brina is the brown-haired girl.
I still feel very comfortable in the new family and we get along very well! I'm glad to be here!


The only other think I took pictures of lately, was when Brina, Brian and me went to Sea Life, which is Downton in Kansas City. It is basically a big house full of aquariums with all kind of fish and other animals in it.
It was pretty neat, and afterwards we ate dinner at a restaurant were small trains bring you your food. There was only kids, there parents and us, but we liked it anyways.





Also, after 5 months of being at Blue Valley High School, the student council finally decided to introduce all the exchange students to the school. That includes me. Yep. I'm an exchange student.
Anyway, so we had an assembly, and what the student council decided to do, was to introduce us by letting us answer 4 question before hand (1. Who's your host family? 2. What do you like to do outside of school? 3. What kind of music do you listen to? 4. What is your favorite thing about Blue Valley?) and then they read them out, while we awkwardly stood in the middle of the gym. So yeah, that was super fun.

Another thing I noticed recently, is that I forgot to talk about Hag-Coming, and show all of you nice people reading this what my school looks like! Because yes!! I took pictures, to nourish all those crazy minds, wanting to know what an American High School actually looks like.
Anyways, before I show you the pictures I should probably clarify:
Hac-Coming was a school danced hosted by the NAHS, the national art honors society, and I was kind of a part of that at the time, so I attended it. Even though it wasn't a huge crowd (ok the crowd was really small. But people came, ok? some people were there!) I had an awesome time, and I even got to keep a huge balloon in shape of an A! yay
I also saw my opportunity to take some pictures of the school, so here they are:
the first picture is right when you come in, the second picture is the hallway by the main entry, the third picture is the "Senior Hallway" (with all the senior lockers...) and the third and fourth pictures are in the commons - during the day, that's where we eat lunch. At night, that's where the party's at.



 btw, that first picture was before everyone came – I was there early to help decorate and stuff – and the last picture is pretty soon towards the end, that's why there's so few people. Not gonna lie tho, there were never a lot more. It was still great!

So yeah, that's it for today, because I gotta go watch the Superbowl, like a real American.
See you sometime soon. It's always a pleasure, Hugs from Kansas!



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen